Wednesday, August 19, 2009

bus time

I'm riding on the 80 Proof Band bus on the way to Kansas again while watching the Rangers game (yes, Pudge is back.... my life has come full circle), and debating whether or not I want to stumble across this massive, moving monstrosity to make a PB&J sandwich, inevitably risking a self-shiving with the plastic utensil I would use to spread my previously-noted two-thirds of the delicious ingredients.

Is that how to spell "shiving?"

as in, "to shiv?'.........

I've only been in pretend jail as part of a class project in jr. high, so I don't know that I've ever heard the violent verb used in conversation, much less seen it in writing....

I could go use spell-check, or google it..... but how else would I take up that previous 3 inches of space?

I'm not about to delete it all and write something else worth my writing and worth your reading...

ha

pish posh...

Wouldn't that be great if Posh Spice and Mr. "Bend It Like" Beckham-Spice (forgot his first name..... and agaia, I could google it, but lookey there: that's like 1/2 an inch of interweb space...) had a little girl and named her "Pish," setting her up to be referred to in the future as 'Pish-Posh Spice?"......

Are they even still together?..... Posh and dream-boat soccer-brit?

If so, do they have a kid??? 


This is a stupid conversation with myself....

I'm fighting myself inside over whether or not to post this rambling.............................. obviously the pro-posting side won if you have become a spectator to this event....


So, Kansas..... here we come again...

Last time I played at this place we're going to was the first gig I played with 80 Proof...

It's been a couple of months, and I almost play all the songs right...

ha

I should practice.


but alas...... that PB&J is calling......

and DaWayne is wanting to start on our screenplay...

DaWayne's the drummer...
He's from Louisiana...
He used  fight alligators for territorial rights in his "hood"

He lost...

so now he plays drums.....

and the alligators live in his childhood home and wear his childhood morning-robe-and-slippers, all as a human masquerade, in part to further feed their relentless, selfish carousel of ambivalent greed and corruption, a sort of self-loathing disease driving them to become a part of the most successful drug racket in all of the Creole State.


..........


I'll go make a sandwich now.

-caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment